Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Where the Wild Things Are...In My Head


Okay so let me start by being completely honest: I don't know the first thing about blogging, I have far too much time on my hands (I'll get into that in a bit), my posts will be filled with grammar and punctuation errors (I have this awful habit of writing how I speak) and most importantly don't take anything I write too seriously-I don't. I guess you're supposed to have a topic that you blog about but I'm not exactly sure yet so let's just see where it goes.

When I refer to "recovery" I'm speaking about my recent brain surgeries; four to be exact. More about that later. The blogging idea came from my Sister. She suggested that I blog to pass the time while I recover. I just quizzically stared at her and out came "WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO BLOG ABOUT?" She raised her eyebrows and responded "I don't know you always have something to say...you're always talking." Gees thanks for calling me a loud mouth. So why not...here goes nothing.

A little about me...I guess if you don't know me personally the only word that I've been called that fits me perfectly is "unconventional". My former boss described me that way once and I just shrugged my shoulders and agreed. I'm not like most people. I'm more of an assortment of contradictions-if that makes any sense. For example I can pretty much talk to anybody, all while secretly having a panic attack. Most people tell me that I'm funny but I'm not...I'm just ridiculously honest and quick witted. Another misconception is that I'm outgoing, but truth be told, that's also not true. I prefer to be at home, on the porch, with my four dogs and reading random articles on my ipad. Hmmm what else... let's see I'm twenty-five years old, married and for the first time in my adult life, I feel like I finally have a clear perspective on life. I may not be where I'd like to be but I'm grateful for my obstacles. I'm not a religious person. I was raised in a Non-Denominational Christian church so my faith is Christian based. You'll see that throughout my blog but in no way, shape or form am I ever trying to preach at you. I have my beliefs and my recent experiences have strengthened my faith. I think that pretty much sums me and my new blog up.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo Bre!! Love ya lady!!! You are inspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isa :) I didn't know people could comment.

      Delete
    2. Yes!! That was such a wonderful start to your blog! Super proud of you!

      Delete