Wednesday, June 4, 2014

You Can Call me Spinderella


When I woke up this morning I had the same feeling I did as a kid when I was going to Disneyland. Today was my first day of Vestibular Rehabilitation or as I like to call it "Brain Rehab!" Amy Winehouse had it all wrong. "They tried to make me go to rehab" and I went! Well in her defense her rehab was totally different but I think we can all agree that she really did have it all wrong and perhaps she should have went...too soon? So long-story-short I had a little bit too much action (surgery) in the back of my brain, on the left side which led to me getting Vertigo.

Vertigo is the devil. I can't count how many times I fell or threw up for a couple of months. Finally, exhausted from the room constantly spinning I YouTubed my relief. YES, "YouTubed" and I was told today by my Physical Therapist that she was impressed that I had cured myself of Vertigo. So the room is no longer viciously spinning but I'm still constantly dizzy. Today's assessment at Loma Linda was conclusive with USC's findings. I have some fancy diagnoses for "your balance is off" and "the left side of your brain needs to be rehabilitated so that it's as strong as the right side." I just politely smiled because I already knew that. I made sure that they didn't have access to my records at USC so that they didn't just concur with my doctors notes. So I'm excited to say that I was told that in 12 weeks or less my brain will be rehabilitated and I can return to normal things like driving, running, laughing and last but not least CrossFit.

No comments:

Post a Comment